Wednesday, September 30, 2009

12 years ago...

12 years ago today, I became a mother, and my life has never been the same!

My baby boy Zachary is turning 12 today! I can't believe it!



I remember vividly the day he was born. I had to have a c-section because he was breech. After he was born I kept telling my neice, "I just had a baby". She said, "yeah I know." I said, "no you don't understand, I just had a baby!" I think at the time she thought I was just doped up on pain meds, but I just couldn't believe that I actually had a baby and Heavenly Father had trusted me to take care of another person and that he would depend on me for the rest of his life. He doesn't have any idea how much he changed my life for the better. He truly has been my reason to get up in the mornings, my reason to live since the day he was born. I think about my life without him, and I can barely breathe.

Zachary is a one of a kind kid. He is one of the most kind hearted and sweet boys ever. He has always been a very well mannered child, never getting into any trouble. He has always been really good with younger kids and now is the BEST big brother any girl could ask for. He is very smart and gets good grades in school. He has the perfect balance of smarts and personality and can put a smile on my face even when I am in a bad mood. I love you Zachary! Happy Birthday!!
Now let's just hope he stays as sweet as he is, as he approaches the dreaded teen years!!!

4 comments:

Nene said...

Happy Birthday!!! It seems like yesterday he was still your little boy; when did he become your big boy?!?

ashley said...

Happy Birthday Buddy!! I can't believe that you are 12!! That makes me really old...

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Zachary!

Steph and Dyl said...

LOL Yes I did think you were a little doped up...that is until I had one as well! I cant believe he is 12 it seems like yesterday that I made it to Cottonwoood hospital in about 5 very fast minutes!
Happy Birthday Zachary!