Monday, December 7, 2009

Glad to have him among the living!

So alot has been going on at our usually quite house. Starting out, Jon had shoulder surgery on October 23rd. All in all, the surgery went ok, and he was expected to be golfing by summer. A few days after his surgery he started having a pain in his left leg...we went to the hospital to make sure it wasn't a blood clot, they found nothing wrong. So about two weeks later, he started having pain in his right leg....he was reluctant to go have it checked because the first one was nothing...but after a few days of major pain we decided to go in and have it checked out. We went in November 13th, yes Friday the 13th to find out that pretty much his entire right leg was clotted up and we ended up in the ER. After eight hours in the ER and a CAT scan, we also found out that he had "multiple" clots in his lungs (later finding out pretty much his entire lungs were filled....all lobes). He was then admitted to the hospital where he had to stay for 6 days! It was really hard not seeing him and the kids were not allowed to visit him because of H1N1. He is home now, and found out that he has Factor V which is a blood clotting disorder. He was told in the hospital that with how many he had, the likelihood that he survived was only about 5%! Needless to say, I have found a new appreciation for my husband! I can't believe I could have lost him! Anyway, he will probably be on blood thinners for the rest of his life....but I am totally ok with that as long as it keeps him with us! I am so sorry he had to go through all that and I love him so much! Through all of this I have learned how many great friends I have and I definetly couldn't have split my time between home and the hospital without my wonderful mom! There were so many friends that offered to take Kortnee, and several who visited Jon, and brought dinner! Thanks everyone...we are truely BLESSED! Here are a few pictures I took of him in the hospital....doesn't he look great?!




3 comments:

Brooke said...

That is SO scary Amy, I'm so glad he is on the mend now. Hope you enjoy a wonderful holiday season now that you are all together at home!

Julie said...

I'm so glad everything worked out ok, it's amazing how life can change in the blink of an eye...after McKay's seizures I learned that you should never take your family or their health for granted.

Sheri said...

So happy that he is doing so much better! It has been nice seeing him at church. I know you are sooo happy to have him home!