Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Black Friday!

HAPPY SHOPPING EVERYBODY!
The yellow balloons were the end of the line.



This is where we cut in line!


This is the line as we first drove up.



So Jon and I love to get up and go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. This year we woke up at 3:20AM. Our first stop was JCPenney. We got there about 3:45am and they opened the store early at 3:50am. We rushed in, got what we wanted and headed to the checkout....we were out of there by 4:15am. Next stop was Best Buy. They didn't open until 5:00am, but had been handing out tickets for the door buster items at 3:00am so there was quite a line. It started at the doors and wound all the way around the building and it was freezing. So Jon and I waited in the car until about 4:50am and then went and stood by the side of the building....well all of the sudden the perfect opportunity presented itself. All of the people that were standing in line were all looking away from us, so we put our hoods on, looked down, and crowded our way into line like we had been there all night. It was so funny! I thought we were going to get killed. Jon said, "Don't worry, I am bigger than most people so no one will say anything." Well he was right, they didn't. So when the doors opened at 5:00am we crowded our way in and Jon stood in line for one hot item while I collected the rest. We were out of there by 5:15am. After that we went to Sears, Kohl's and Old Navy, but we were kind of burned out by that point and decided to call it a day. So we picked up Zachary by 8:00am and were done for the day! I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY! These are a couple of pictures of us at Best Buy. Some from outside the store and one from inside while we were standing in line to pay. It was a zoo!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Jon and Amy, the king and queen of black friday shoppers! I hope they bought me somthing good! :-)

Kristen Kane said...

I think you guys are insane! :) I think Dave would have gone with you. Sad that he's more of a shopper than I am.

The Ballard Family said...

Crazy kids!