Since Kortnee has been home from the hospital we swaddle her at night. Well at first we were just wrapping her pretty good with her arms in or out....but then our friend gave us a book about having a happy baby and we learned that swaddling very tightly at night makes a huge difference. Ever since we have been doing that, she has slept ALOT better! Thanks Kristen for the book. Anyway, getting to the reason for my post. While she sleeps alot better being swaddled with her arms tucked tightly and straight.......when she is actually awake, she hates it. She tries everything to get her arms out. So I put her down on Sunday morning at about 7:00 to get a little more sleep and she slept ok for a little while, then starting about at 8:00 I could hear her through the monitor just grunting and struggling, but not crying. So when I went to get up to get ready for church at 9:00, this is what I found. Not only had she managed to get her arm out of the blanket with all that grunting and struggling, but she had actually gotten her arm completely out the neck of her pajamas. And as you can see, she was very content and sleeping soundly. She is the great HOUDINI.

This is what I saw first....her bare arm coming out the top of her blanket, and I knew her pajamas were long sleeved.

This is her without the blanket on, with her arm sticking out the neck of her pajamas! Hilarious!
4 comments:
that's impressive! she is so sweet!
Ahhh.... sweet story! Thank you for sharing it with us! I really need to meet her! Let me know when you are free and I'll run right over! Already a month old and hasn't met me yet!? That's a crying shame! My shame! But shame, nonetheless!
That is so funny! She is such a stinkin' cutie. Holy cow! I love her chubby cheeks (chubbs)! Babies are so funny.
We need to come and see you guys before we take off FOREVER! Congratulations too (because I don't know if I have told you that yet)!
So cute! There's also a video that teaches the swaddling. Somebody recommended it to us, and we never would have survived Adam without it... "The Happiest Baby on the Block." (BTW, I blog-hopped over here from Janene's site. Hope you don't mind!)
Post a Comment